Advertisements
Advertisements
Can any PM me on their experience with Spence Chapin agency? Also, can you share with me about your experience about financing adoption? I am single and a public school employee, trying to learn about different ways to finance adoption without going into complete debt.
Thanks.
I looked in to SC but chose a different agency so I can't comment on that.
As for financing the adoption the route we chose was to take a year to fill out the paperwork, create our profile and save up for the adoption. It ended up only taking us 6 months to gather enough money together and we were placed with our daughter 9 months after starting the process. So our original year estimation was a little long. However, we had two salaries going into the savings account, so it might take you a bit longer. We are very glad that we did not have to go into debt to finance the adoption and as soon as we get the adoption tax credit back in February of 2011 we will be jumping back in the waiting pool for #2.
Did you consider foster care? There are infant adoptions and I believe the cost is less than $5k. Someone else might be able to help you out with info on foster care, we didn't really look into it, so I can only speculate.
Advertisements