Advertisements
Advertisements
My adoption is truly odd. I am 37 almost 38, picked my Bday when I was very young (dunno why) and 30K was involved to "Adopt me". Many told me I was black market/purchased. Yes it happens people. Anyhow, I'm looking for birth parents, siblings relatives etc. being that I may have cancer. My adoptive parents told me my records were burned in a fire. (I don't buy it either) anyhow, Email me at Daddyo72@comcast.net if you may think you know me. I kinda want to know what you all were thinking. Think I deserve answers.
I wish I had some answers for you, but just wanted to say that if I had a nickle for every time someone said "records were destroyed in a fire" in terms of adoption papers, I'd be a rich woman by now. When I asked my agancy for my original file to look at, I was told the same thing: all their old records were destroyed in a warehouse fire. I've heard others tell the same story.
I don't know for sure, but 30K seems an awfully high amount for a "legit" adoption in the early 70s. I seem to recall when I placed my son in the early 80s, the agency fee was nowhere near that amount. I could be mistaken, but I know I asked my caseworker and IIRC, the fee back then was in the 5,000-8,000 range.
Anyway, I wish you luck with your search and I am sorry to hear you may have cancer. I hope you don't, but if you do, may you recover quickly and completely.
Take care. This must be a very stressful time for you.
Advertisements
sidler
My adoption is truly odd. I am 37 almost 38, picked my Bday when I was very young (dunno why) and 30K was involved to "Adopt me". Many told me I was black market/purchased. Yes it happens people. Anyhow, I'm looking for birth parents, siblings relatives etc. being that I may have cancer. My adoptive parents told me my records were burned in a fire. (I don't buy it either) anyhow, Email me at Daddyo72@comcast.net if you may think you know me. I kinda want to know what you all were thinking. Think I deserve answers.
Richard, I'm a birth sibling looking for a sibling my mother gave up for adoption in the early to mid 70's. He may have been born in Melrose park at Gottlieb memorial hospital. The birth mother is caucasian and the father is possibly Italian, but not sure. We thought the child may have been adopted by a Jewish family on the east coast. The doctor setup the adoption so it may very well have been a black market deal.
think about it and contact me if you like.
Jen
Sidler - have your requested your before adoption birth certificate yet? IF you were legally adopted, your original cert will be on file with the state, with the correct date, and your parents names.
sidler