Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a cousin whose baby is 2 months older than baby A. Cousin and baby momma ( mom has some mental health issues) are not together so cousin's family is helping raise the little girl. The little girls grandma and great grandma ( my 1st cousin and aunt) are raisng this little girls the same way they raised cousin and his sisters. The little girl is over fed she weighs around 45 lb if not more ( cousin use to be allowed to eat until he threw up then gave more). They feed her anything she wants ( because it is easier) and gives her bottles of sweet tea AND Kool-aid every night when she goes to sleep ( yes both). All of the kids on this side of my famliy have bad teeth at a very young age but they don't see a problem with the "sugar" bottles.
She can say a couple words but mostly just points and grunts (just like her dad and aunts done at that age).
Last week was the first time I spent any time with "little cousin". Her aunt brought her to the library summer reading program, but I doubt she will ever bring her again. They all make excuses about bad health but they are just LAZY. I offered to bring her this week but never heard anything back from them. "Little cousin" just seems so unhappy. She is so overweight she can't run and play like most 2 yr olds.
Her family all love her very much, but they need to get off there LAZY butts and take her outside to play ( not sit in front of the tv all day ), feed her healthy food, teach her things, and take her places.
Advertisements