Advertisements
Advertisements
We're fast approaching finalization.
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I'm trying to create invitations for our party. Attendees are family, J's classmates (5-6 year olds) & family, neighbors, our LW.
I've got a major case of writer's block. Everything sounds wrong
"she's finally ours" is how i feel, but on paper, it sounds like she's a possession.
"help us welcome her to the family" is definitely not right.. She's been in our family for almost a year.
"celebrate her adoption" seems odd.. the adoption was a year long process.. NOT what's happening on Aug 5th
but "celebrate the adoption finalization" is apt to confuse people who are less familiar with the process
thoughts? ideas?
How about just plain old...
You are invited to join us in Celebrating Our Family Day...
No qualifiers...you are a Family...
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Dickons
How about just plain old...
You are invited to join us in Celebrating Our Family Day...
No qualifiers...you are a Family...
Kind regards,
Dickons
You rock! thank you
I did more of an announcement with three lines:
Born: xx/xx/xx
In our arms: xx/xx/xx
Forever ours: xx/xx/xx
Please help us celebrate . . .
I used an online photo shop to create a folded card. On the front it had a series of pictures (4) and "Celebrate and the date". On the inside it stated " Come help us Celebrate" I listed the actual court date, then baptism, then the party day and time. The party date is what I put on the front cover. I knew some people would want to be a different parts. I let people choose for themselves. I have @30 people at the courthouse, 60 people at baptism (same day as party) and 95 people come thru the house at party time:).
Ultimately you want people to celebrate with you....go with that.
Enjoy!!! Congratulations!
Advertisements