Advertisements
Advertisements
SO, our little one is a Marion Co baby. The visitation agency we have to go through is a hot mess. These people are giving me fits! I have communicated with our CW and she is trying to handle it.. she is a complete gift to us and a wonderful CW. If more could be like her, life would rock for us all.
But, this agency. Wow. The visitation worker over shares ALL the time. She acts like she is trying to facilitate an adoption while I am trying to be supportive of RU. Now, my brain knows that RU is more than likely not going to happen.. but my heart wants it to. Visit worker wants to be everyone's friend and allows visits to happen when mom is obviously high. (dispo has not happened yet, so no tests)
I was stupid and stuck my neck out and conveyed my concerns to the CW and she, doing her job, contacted the visitation worker's supervisor. Well, an hour later, visitation worker called me at home to hash out everything that had been said.
Is it always like this? The added drama? I mean, this junk is ridiculous. I have everything documented and regularly email my CW... but it really really irks me that these agency folks think I have some crazy agenda and want to manipulate factors in favor of TPR. Grrrr!
This agency is already questionable ethically... now, I am worried that they have some form of pull and will tarnish our reputation as FPs.
What kind of pull do these crazy people have?
Thanks for letting me spew. I think I need some chocolate.
Well always drama! I always had visit center be pretty unbiased but it was not through an agency. Now home based stuff was insane crap that caused tons of misery! Is this visit stuff through a home based program or fostering agency?
Advertisements
Well always drama! I always had visit center be pretty unbiased but it was not through an agency. Now home based stuff was insane crap that caused tons of misery! Is this visit stuff through a home based program or fostering agency?
Advertisements
Its some counseling center that also supervises visits for the county. On the East side... boarded windows and all. It's a hot mess. Maybe I shouldnt have said anything.. but I have to keep little guy's safety in mind. At least I have an awesome CW? She is wonderful.
I just hope being outspoken and trying to get the best quality of care for lil guy doesn't cause people to see us as problems.
I have always told the CW .. if we can adopt lil guy, we will celebrate for us and mourn for mom.. if we have a successful RU, we will celebrate for mom and mourn for us. We, in no way, want to sabotage God's plan for this... our family and/or hers. I just hope that she fully understands why I felt I had to speak out about this agency. I just get sick of the total lack of accountability. We talk about budget issues and yet agencies that are obviously not above board get paid to break rules, bill for way more hours than are actually needed etc.
We are just still reeling from our 1st false allegations and a wee bit once bitten twice shy. I am worried that rocking the boat will ultimately have someone retaliate.
Sorry about the million posts above! I deleted a few and then it went nuts and wouldn't load anything again. Now it is too late to edit my posts!
Anyway, sounds like home based therapy/counseling.....which sounds like the norm from what we've found. They are all a hot mess! Their job is to make the parents look good....even if they aren't doing good. I've yet to find one that really cared about the kids more than their image.
I'm a Christian, but I've noticed a lot of the Christian based agencies are even worse at defending the bios to no end.
Speak up! Our home based people hated us, but we said what needed to be said! No guilt!
Not sure if it is a Marion Co thing only....but for sure is a problem here.
You have no idea how much better you have made me feel! I was wondering if maybe I am just insane or nitpicking... but I had to say something. I just hope they don't find some way to get a payback on us. Our CW... from Marion Co.. is just amazing though. I think she can see through the BS.
On the Christian agency note... I am a pastor's wife, and I have learned that if an agency/business etc touts that they are super Christian, look out. And watch your back... and/or wallet.
We are in Indy twice a week for visits.. I should take you to lunch.
CeCe
Advertisements