Advertisements
Advertisements
I tried. But I'm a single mom to 4 kiddos and it's hard to keep up with adoption days, birthdays, birthdays of everyone else and the everyday workings of life. I'm going to try to do a dinner once a month to celebrate all of them.
Advertisements
Since we have two adopted and two not, I didn't think it would be fair to make it like a second birthday since the other kids only get one birthday. So what we do, is on the day they came home, we do a family dinner to celebrate adding to our family. I usually will let the kid whose day it is choose the restaraunt, but it's a family thing. No cake or presents, we save those for birthdays.
We didn't celebrate our adoption day last year because she wasn't into the adoption so to say. This year she has been more talkive about it, which brings up sad emotions so I want to celebrate it cause it was a great day! I want her to think about adoption as happiness not sadness. I don't know.
I'm thinking a cup cake with a candle just us in the house no family or friends, so not like a borthday party or I've thought about just me, her and a cupcake! =)
I plan on celebrating our adoption anniverary every year, just us hanging out on that day, movies and dinner or a trip to Sea World.
we do
four were "adopted" (guardianship) on May 3rd and 2 (not bio related but worked out that they were adopted on the same day) on July 3rd. We usually have a Family day, could be chuck e cheese, amusement park, dinner out park etc etc what ever we can afford and something the whole family can do so that it is family day
Advertisements
I plan to acknowledge "Home Day." We won't do anything about "Adoption Day." When I say acknowledge, that's it. I will say, "Hey D, it your home day! Wow! 1 year ago, you moved in." That's it! We'll celebrate her birthday!
we celebrate "family day." we use the date that the first 2 kids moved in...bc that was the day we started our family. it happened to be valentines day. :) so every valentine's day belongs to our children and we celebrate each of our children's place in our family. it works for us. :)
And see to me, their adoption day or guardianship day (we have guardianship of 4 of them) is like a birthday for our family, it is the day we became family so of course we celebrate it. Maybe not the same way we do birthdays, no presents but we go as a family and celebrate being a family. It may not even be on the exact date (esp if the day falls during the busy week) but close to it and we all know what we are celebrating.
:rockband: :clap: :thankyou:
Advertisements
This Sunday will mark 2 years since the judge signed the adoption papers making it finalized. (stepparent adoption; dd was already living with us fulltime) I am going to cook dd's choice of dinner and we're going to have a cupcake with lots of hugs and kisses. (DD was 5 when the adoption happened, we're open about it, and it's been hard on dd. So we are doing a small celebration about it as a happy memory since she is having bad memories.)
We do - ours are still young - 5 and almost 3 with finalization dates of 10/27/05 and 11/02/09 We celebrate both on 10/29 - out to dinner, read a story on adoption and talk about us "finding" them. They sort of get it and really enjoy the special attention and going over and over and over the details.
We celebrate our Famiversary of the day our daughter's adoption was final. The first year we did a family dinner this year we'll have a party. It's a big deal! We waited more than 5 years to be parents and it's a thrill that we have our daughter.
jamesandtiffanyadopt
We celebrate our Famiversary of the day our daughter's adoption was final. The first year we did a family dinner this year we'll have a party. It's a big deal! We waited more than 5 years to be parents and it's a thrill that we have our daughter.
LOVE famiversary!
Advertisements