Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello. I'm hoping to connect with adoptive parents who are also trying to adopt an older child either in or out of Idaho. We are using an agency (did our home study and are now acting as the liason between us and states) but I'm frustrated at the search process. It seems like there aren't many kids on the websites like adoptuskids, the adoption exchange.org etc. I've searched the state URLS also (though I wonder if those kids are also on the national sites like adoptuskids). I'm wondering if I should be going about this differently. Any advice is appreciated.
What age of older child? Have you narrowed that down. I know that Wednesday Child on the TV have alot of children every week. As you search the more open you are to different issues the more children that will be avaible to you...
Advertisements
Thanks for your reply. Yes we've been searching for girls ages 9-11. The trouble is I've been searching nationwide and there is such a small number of kids, even if you search without restrictions and go to all the states and nation/region wide sites, that I'm concerned I should be going about this some other way.
You are going about it right! It just takes some time to find the "right" child for your family. If your agency is acting as a liason for.. just keep trying... Some children are not listed on the websites. So contact your local DFS office and maybe try to be a foster/adopt placement for girls in the age range. They do let you specify what ages and sex of the child that you want! This is just an IDEA!!! Let me know if I can help you further!
Have you gone on wednesdays child lately? there is a sib set of 3 girls, under six! they are really cute! Just thought i would throw that out there... Goodluck!
Try the Heart Gallery; different states have them to identify adoptable kids. New Jersey has one.
Advertisements