Advertisements
Advertisements
i was wondering if anyone nows if the state allows children to share rooms when being adopted? we have 2 kids rooms and 2 boys already. we want to adopt a sibling group of atleast one girl. the "boys room" is quite large and in our standards 4 boys can be in there. is the state most likely agree? or?
Every state I know of allows children of the same sex to share a bedroom. But the number of square feet for each child will vary by state, and sometimes by county. Some states have rules about how close in age the children must be in order to share, too.
So hopefully you can find someone in your county who can answer your questions, or you can directly ask your caseworker.
Advertisements
In New York, 3 is the maximum number of kids in a room which has to be big enough. It has to be 30 x 30 for 2 kids; not sure how big it has to be for 3 but I had to give up sister to J and B as I would have had to put 4 boys in a room.
millie58
In New York, 3 is the maximum number of kids in a room which has to be big enough. It has to be 30 x 30 for 2 kids; not sure how big it has to be for 3 but I had to give up sister to J and B as I would have had to put 4 boys in a room.
Are you sure about that? That's 900 square feet. My whole upstairs is just over 900 square feet.
In the state of Kansas each child has to have 45 square feet of personal space and their own bed. They can be bunk beds but they have to have guard rails on all four sides and no one under six can sleep on top.