Advertisements
Advertisements
I was adopted in 1966 and raised in Pennsylvania. I have been fortunate enough to be in touch with my tribe and am registered, however found out through non identifying information that my parents also had a second child (son). I am on the fence about how thoroughly I should dig to uncover information. This is my first public but non-committal attempt at reaching out.
I am an adoptee who opened her adoption. I met my natural father and his 5 kids. I did not meet my natural mother or her two other daughters but I know who they are now. I write a blog about Lost Indigenous Children at [url=http://www.splitfeathers.blogspot.com]AMERICAN INDIAN ADOPTEES - Lost Children, Lost Ones, Lost Birds[/url]. There are services in Canada to help you locate a lost sibling - they say it can take up to 7 years. And there is a class action lawsuit for First Nations adoptees happening now with certain years to qualify. You can go to my blog and contact me. I know it's a delicate situation to find family but I do think you need to start. I've met and interviewed many adoptees and most want reunion with tribe and siblings. There are thousands of us and I think we all need to be "found."
Advertisements