Advertisements
Advertisements
DS is still in the 10 percentile for height... DD is at 38. I'm a bit worried about it to be honest... at 34 months he's still not 36" (not sure exactly how much, but DD is 35.6 and is about one inch taller than him).
Their birthmom is 5'4" and their birthdad 5'8"... he really looks a lot like his birthdad otherwise. I've read that if you double their height at 2, it gives their adult height... then he would be 5'4" or so... Is it always accurate? I don't have anything for short men, but it might just be odd if he's shorter than his sister.
My son (oldest boy with 4 sisters, poor kid), just turned 10. He is not going to be a tall boy. He just recently started wearing size 7 pants. He is Hispanic. Bio dad, we are guessing is around 5'4"-5'5". Bio mom is slightly taller at about 5'5"-5'6". Both of his younger sisters (full bio) are taller than he is. For awhile they were all three at the same height, but he just hasn't grown like they have. He still shows enough growth on the chart that the Dr isn't concerned...he's just going to be short! He also has a metabolism that doesn't stop! He eats like a teenager, yet skinny as a rail!
He sometimes gets self conscious about it...especially when someone thinks he's only 5 or 6...but he has a great sense of humor, so it doesn't get him too down.
Advertisements
I'm not that concerned, but yeah I'll definitely bring it up at their next pediatrician appointment in March.
My son is going to be short!! His biomom was only 5'2 and we don't know about biodad. He is 3 1/2 and the SMALLEST kid in his prek class.
Everyone comments to us about how small he is!! It is annoying, we know!!!!
I think it is harder when it is a boy and they are short, society projects that a man is suppose to be tall and strong. My husband is the same height as me. I seemed to always date guys who were my height or shorter.....
My husband's mom was told by the pediatrician that he'd be lucky if he was 4 feet tall. . .of course that was YEARS ago and who knows what kind of formula they were using! He's 5'10" (he says he's 6'1", but I know better!)
My best friend in high school has a mom who is around 5'3", his dad is just under 6 feet, and he has a brother who is around 5'10". When we graduated high school he was the shortest boy in our class. When we finished our freshman year of college, he was 6'3".
:prop:
Advertisements
The calculation wasn't accurate for my fiance, but he's 6'7" and I guess half that would be pretty tall for a two year old. :)
Also, I'm taller than two of my brothers. They don't LOVE it, but it is what it is. And it hasn't caused any issues or anything. No biggie!
I actually started a thread like this a while back. DS bmom is 5'5 and bdad is 6'5. BGrandma is 5'10 and Bgrandpa is 6'5 and that on bmom's side. At 2 yrs old the pediatrician said he will be 5'10 as adult.
As you know I'm 6'0 and DH is 6'5 so we were kinda bummed out because we were hoping he would be a giant like us. Now I measure him and look on the charts and its saying he'll be 6'4 so I dont know what to believe. I'm just hoping for him to be over 6'0. Fingers crossed :D
Caleb has always been 10th percentile for height. He's usually the smallest in a group of kids about the same age. Kids who are 6-12 months younger than him are taller. He's 2 yrs, 4 mos and still wearing 12 month size pants. However, his pedi has never been concerned, as he's never fallen off his growth curve. We have no information on his birth father, so we can't look to that for where he might be, height wise. His birth mother seemed to be around 5'6". So who knows, maybe he'll have a growth spurt.
Ty had his 3 year appointment today and he's 35 1/4. That puts him also at 10%. I think they learn to make it up with charisma. His bmom was 5'1, and his bfather was 5'4...so I think professional basketball might be out. Oh well. From everything I've read, you can't really "predict" height till about 4. I just now found a chart that let you choose "under 4" and when I pick that and put in all his values it says he will be 5'6" That's fine with me. the same chart says Matty will be 6'2 (if we can count on his bmom's promise that all potential bfathers were at least 6'0)
Advertisements
Bubba's entire goal in life is to be big like his brothers. his brothers are or biosons. Sonny is 6'3" at 23, Jay is 6'0" or very close at 15. i am 5'4.5" and ToolMan is 6' .5" so I'm not really sure where the height is coming from. but Bubba's mom is 5'2" and his dad looks to be about 5'10" (only ever saw him sitting down. the vertical stripes he was wearing at the time didn't enhance his height). his maternal grandfather is only about 5'8" or so. i don't think Bubba's wish is likely to come true.
he's currently a little shorter than his peers in 1st grade. the growth charts put him in the 10th percentile, but i think that can't be right. he's skinny, though.
his sister? at 5 she's 41.5 inches tall and weighs 34.8 lbs. everyone thinks she's about 3!
my colleague is taller than me. her dh is 5'2". she loves his size--it was the first thing that attracted her to him. he loves looking up to her. she thinks he's the best man on earth.
what more could anyone want than to be a giant in the eyes of the one they love?
shy_bear
My son is going to be short!! His biomom was only 5'2 and we don't know about biodad. He is 3 1/2 and the SMALLEST kid in his prek class.
Everyone comments to us about how small he is!! It is annoying, we know!!!!
I think it is harder when it is a boy and they are short, society projects that a man is suppose to be tall and strong. My husband is the same height as me. I seemed to always date guys who were my height or shorter.....
I have the exact problem with my darling daughter everyone keeps commenting about how tall she is and how she looks like a 4 to 5 yr old when she is only 2.5.
Society also seems to project that women aren't supposed to be super tall(except models) so sometimes i get a little defensive. But lately I have been doing alot better when I read that Malia(Obama's kid) is 5'9 at ten years old. My darling child may be just that if she cont. the same growth spurt. I just want her to have a normal healthy life and not be harassed school and etc. Who knows? God is in control
My son (oldest boy with 4 sisters, poor kid), just turned 10. He is not going to be a tall boy. He just recently started wearing size 7 pants. He is Hispanic. Bio dad, we are guessing is around 5'4"-5'5". Bio mom is slightly taller at about 5'5"-5'6". Both of his younger sisters (full bio) are taller than he is. For awhile they were all three at the same height, but he just hasn't grown like they have. He still shows enough growth on the chart that the Dr isn't concerned...he's just going to be short! He also has a metabolism that doesn't stop!
He eats like a teenager, yet skinny as a rail!
He sometimes gets self conscious about it...especially when someone thinks he's only 5 or 6...but he has a great sense of humor, so it doesn't get him too down.
I know this is an old thread, but how tall did he end up?
Last update on June 8, 6:34 pm by Jennifer Williams.
Advertisements
We have calculated it for myself, my brother and DH and it was way off with all of us. I am 3 inches shorter than projected and they are each several inches taller. I can't remember the exact amounts (I remember mine because I so wish I was 5'10"!) but it was significant.
If I calculate it for my bio son it says he will be 5'10" and he is already 5'8" now at age 12 and I would presume not anywhere close to done growing. I expect him to be well past 6'.
I have also calculated it for my younger two (adopted) children and I think it way overestimates their expected adult height based on their current size and birthmothers' heights. I may well be wrong, but I think it highly unlikely they will reach those heights.
I know this is an old post but I just wanted to see where your sons predictions are now.
Caleb has always been 10th percentile for height. He's usually the smallest in a group of kids about the same age. Kids who are 6-12 months younger than him are taller. He's 2 yrs, 4 mos and still wearing 12 month size pants. However, his pedi has never been concerned, as he's never fallen off his growth curve. We have no information on his birth father, so we can't look to that for where he might be, height wise. His birth mother seemed to be around 5'6". So who knows, maybe he'll have a growth spurt.
I know this is an old post, but wanted to see if he has stayed in the 10 percentile?