Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there! I am a single woman, owner of my own business, and reproductively challenged. I want to adopt a baby from the US and this is all new to me! What are the first steps? Does anyone have an agency they recommend near Kirkland or Seattle, Washington?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!!!!
Hi, There! I am mother of four through adoption and I congratulate you on deciding to adopt! Before you dive into the nitty gritty of choosing an agency, etc...you might find it helpful to check out some free information I have on my website on avoiding some of the common pitfalls of adoption and preparing for the adoption journey:
[url=http://www.adoptiongoddess.com]Adoption Goddess — tools & inspiration for creating a happy, healthy, 'lucky' adoption[/url]
I created them to help other women have wonderful, smooth adoption journeys (just like I did). I would also recommend that before signing on with ANY agency, no matter how good they sound, you do some thorough research on several agencies (if indeed you are sure you want to use an agency and not a lawyer. And if you are sure you want to go domestic) and make sure you speak to at least three 'real' people who have worked recently with each of these agencies and grill them about their experiences.
Also, I would recommend you reach out to your own personal social network through facebook or phone or however you like to communicate. Ask friends who've adopted. Or friends of friends. Or friends of friends of friends. I think this is THE best way to find a professional to work with whom you love and trust. That's how I found the people we worked with, who are lifelong friends now...
Good luck, and please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Advertisements