Advertisements
Advertisements
A few weeks ago I had my search angel contact my birth mother for me and they had a nice conversation but at that time, my birthmother told my SA that she did not want a letter from me. I was heart broken.
Then the tornados hit NC near where she lives and I was worried about her. I bit the bullet and called. When she answered I told her my name and I was calling to see if she was alright. She giggled and said yes, we're alright and then we just started talking.
She giggled like a school girl during our conversation. It was nice to talk with her. At one point she said, I wished you had called me a whole lot sooner so we could have gotten to this point a whole lot quicker.
I told her how my birth father's family found me on Adoption.com and they sent me a yearbook picture of her. Then I said, I hate to tell you but I look just like you. She really laughed and told me to send her pictures of me and the letter I had written.
She also said she was very hesitant to talk with my Search Angel because she didn't want to give out any personal information to a stranger and she thought she might be being scammed. I told her how I thought if I heard her voice, I would just burst into tears--which I did. Then I apologized for being so emotional to which she replied, I understand--I'm like that.
It was hard to end the call--I needed to go to work and she didn't want to stop talking. She even asked me, where do we go from here because I haven't told my other children about you. (They are now in their late 30's and early 40's) I told her I understood why she hadn't and to wait until the pictures came because when she sees me she may think--they should have slapped that baby and put her back in.
She laughed so hard at this until she was almost in tears. I am sending the pictures today---I hope she has a chair next to her when she sees my senior high photo next to hers--they look like duplicates.
This has been a wild ride and an emotional journey. My birth father past away 15 years ago and he wanted to start searching for me--his daughter picked up where he left off and she found me. Within a day, I had the name of my birth mother and where she lived. I was searching for 27 years and my sister for 10. I talk with my 1/2 sister once a week and we e-mail almost daily. The nicest thing she said to me was, I'm a private person and I don't usually tell people a whole lot, but I feel like I've known you forever and I can tell you anything. :-)
Anything is possible in a search--I would agree with my SA--it's all about the timing. I needed to be ready just as much as everyone else.
Wow! What an exciting reunion story! Congrats! I'm glad you've gotten off to such a positive start.
Best wishes,
Snoopy
Advertisements
MollyM
A few weeks ago I had my search angel contact my birth mother for me and they had a nice conversation but at that time, my birthmother told my SA that she did not want a letter from me. I was heart broken.
Then the tornados hit NC near where she lives and I was worried about her. I bit the bullet and called. When she answered I told her my name and I was calling to see if she was alright. She giggled and said yes, we're alright and then we just started talking.
She giggled like a school girl during our conversation. It was nice to talk with her. At one point she said, I wished you had called me a whole lot sooner so we could have gotten to this point a whole lot quicker.
I told her how my birth father's family found me on Adoption.com and they sent me a yearbook picture of her. Then I said, I hate to tell you but I look just like you. She really laughed and told me to send her pictures of me and the letter I had written.
She also said she was very hesitant to talk with my Search Angel because she didn't want to give out any personal information to a stranger and she thought she might be being scammed. I told her how I thought if I heard her voice, I would just burst into tears--which I did. Then I apologized for being so emotional to which she replied, I understand--I'm like that.
It was hard to end the call--I needed to go to work and she didn't want to stop talking. She even asked me, where do we go from here because I haven't told my other children about you. (They are now in their late 30's and early 40's) I told her I understood why she hadn't and to wait until the pictures came because when she sees me she may think--they should have slapped that baby and put her back in.
She laughed so hard at this until she was almost in tears. I am sending the pictures today---I hope she has a chair next to her when she sees my senior high photo next to hers--they look like duplicates.
This has been a wild ride and an emotional journey. My birth father past away 15 years ago and he wanted to start searching for me--his daughter picked up where he left off and she found me. Within a day, I had the name of my birth mother and where she lived. I was searching for 27 years and my sister for 10. I talk with my 1/2 sister once a week and we e-mail almost daily. The nicest thing she said to me was, I'm a private person and I don't usually tell people a whole lot, but I feel like I've known you forever and I can tell you anything. :-)
Anything is possible in a search--I would agree with my SA--it's all about the timing. I needed to be ready just as much as everyone else.
Congratulations - I hope things continue to go well :)
Awesome.....I understand when you talk about how much you resemble each other, it is like that for me and my DD. I really enjoy showing people photos of my DD and watching them gasp in amazement.
Advertisements
That's great! I'm really glad it worked out so well for you, and that her hesitation with the search angel was because she was unsure of the SA, not about you. I hope it continues to go well and you build a great relationship with her.