Advertisements
Advertisements
Today - my first Mother's Day as a bmom
Tomorrow - one year from J's original due date
Friday - J's first Birthday :cake:
Saturday - J's first birthday party with all 70 of his closest friends and family and me :eek:
Next Sunday - I move into a new apartment
I just keep telling myself I just have to get through the next seven days and life with then settle down, things will seem less stressful and life will seem more normal. But then I look at the week ahead and I don't see how I can get to the other side unscathed.
Any suggestions for getting through weeks like this?
Sticking close to friends here? What an incredibly tough week you have ahead of you - one hit after another.
Keeping the mantra - "I can do it" on repeat in your head pushing out all other thoughts? I really don't have any words of wisdom but wanted to send you a virtual hug...
Can you get away for an afternoon next week and just be kind to yourself without any pressure? Something nice like a massage or get your hair done or read a book in peace?
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
In order to "get to the other side," we have to walk over the coals. It's called the "firewalk"...and it hurts like hell.
I hate Mother's Day (there, I said it). I've had 39 of them now since I relinquished my baby son...and they never get easier. If anything, they're getting harder each year.
My suggestion on handling things in the coming week (and months and years))): Take a LOT of long, slow walks through your neighborhood or park or beach or woods. Take time to really explore things up close. Pay close attention to the natural world and its beauty. If you enjoy writing, write, write, write...write in journals, in blogs, in essays, in letters to the editor. If you enjoy artwork, now is the perfect time to immerse yourself in your art. Paint, draw, sculpt...work out your pain in your creativity. Do something special for yourself, take a long bubble bath and listen to your favorite music.
Be kind to yourself...be gentle to yourself. :loveyou:
RavenSong
I hate Mother's Day (there, I said it). I've had 39 of them now since I relinquished my baby son...and they never get easier. If anything, they're getting harder each year.
I'm right there with you, Raven... Just get me through the day. Everyone be good to yourselves!
Soprano
I just wanted to pop in and give you a big, virtual hug. You sure have a big week ahead of you. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Know too that you are loved and and thought of in kind regard. I know that may be cold comfort but I say it as an amom who is keenly aware that my joy today is tempered by the sadness of another mother not so far away. As I wish for her, I wish for you: happiness, healthfulness, and the knowledge that because of YOU there is a beautiful little person in this world that you will always hold the title of Mother for.
I hope you can find joy amidst the pain of this week. Enjoy J's party! And for the love of dog, let someone else do the heavy lifting during your move. :)
Thanks for your thoughts and virtual hugs. Thanks for the suggestions too, hopefully I'll find some way to let go some of this stress so I don't just implode.
It just seems so hard when the world just keeps going but I feel paralyzed, weighed down by the heaviness of it all. But firewalk it is Raven, and I'll keep going one step at a time I guess.
Advertisements
(((Racilious)))
Find something really diverting. I find disaster movies or loud action adventure movies work for me when I am so unfocused/depressed that I can't concentrate on anything. But that's me. Nothing really helps, but a movie moves the time forward, and that's the goal, right?... to just get through.
You're in my thoughts this week,
Soprano
Soprano is so right about movies being a helpful diversion. When I'm feeling horribly depressed and weighted down by life, I pop in a DVD and find it helps. My two favorite comedies always make me laugh out loud, no matter how down I am at the moment. The movies are Defending Your Life and Funny Farm. They're both great! :arrow:
Just sending hugs, too. You have a lot on your plate. Like others have suggested, try to find some time to just take care of yourself and do something nice for YOU. Do you have friends you enjoy being around? I "ran away" for Mother's Day and treated myself to spending time with people I really love. It helped to be around lovely supportive people and have a change of scenery.
Advertisements