Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello everyone!
My wife and I are about to embark on our adoption adventure in Massachusetts. We really need some help identifying what path to choose. If you have had any adoption experience in Mass, please post here or PM me. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!
Tom
I didn't realize you are in MA. Yep, there are a lot of us working within that state. You need to start with a MAPP class (after pre-screen).
see [url=http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=5&L0=Home&L1=Consumer&L2=Family+Services&L3=Adoption&L4=Foster+Care+and+Adoption+Informational+Meetings&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=dss_c_mapp_trainings&csid=Eeohhs2]Massachusetts Approach to Partnerships in Parenting (MAPP) Trainings[/url]
fyi - worcester starts tonight. They still have room :D
Advertisements
We adopted through Dcf.Our son came when he was 7 months. There are plenty of families I know that have adopted little ones- it does take a while. Do you mind me asking where in MA you live? You can PM me.
My wife and I are also starting the adoption process. We are trying to decide if we should go through a private agency or through DCF. We are looking to adopt a child 2 years of age or younger, preferably an infant. We do not have a preference of sex, race, ethnicity, etc. Can anyone give us some tips or info on how to get started? We'd appreciate any recommendations on agencies or ones to stay clear of, costs we should be prepared for, timelines, etc. We live in southeastern MA.
THANK YOU!!!
Sue and Maura
:banana: