Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are doing independent adoption in Taiwan. We have a court date next week for our adoption! The problem is the court wants an English and Chinese Translation of our state's adoption law (UTAH) and the US Federal International adoption law. I have been searching for these things for a month and I am not finding what I need. Most people say our agency should have it but we are doing this independently, so no agency. I have contacted a few agencies about this but none have responded. I was hoping someone could help me find the English and Chinese versions of the Utah and federal international adoption laws. (I have found the Utah laws in English but not in Chinese and I still have not found the Federal Laws in either language) Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping someone has a copy of this or knows where I can find it. Please let me know! Thank you.
-Marissa
Call a member of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys in your state, who does a lot of readoptions and such for international adoptions. He/she may even give it to you for free, or show you where to find it on the Internet, especially if he/she thinks you might later use him/her for the readoption of your child.
Sharon
Advertisements
hi I realized that this post was from 2010 so I am hoping everything goes well. If it was me, I will have a translation company translates law here into Chinese and mail to one of Taiwanese culture exchange office in the U.S for them to authentic it. so the court in Taiwan will accept it.