Advertisements
Advertisements
We are wanting to adopt a sibling group of 2 girls. We are hoping that they are around toddler age. We are torn between Ghana and Bulgaria (very different, I know!) But my dh is significantly older than I am and those are two countries without issues.
Does anyone have ideas of wait times, additional fees for siblings etc?
THANKS!!!
I'll try to answer this for you. BG goes by the younger parent's age, so as long as you are 45 or younger you shouldn't have any issue getting a toddler. As for wait times....it depends. BG matches kids differently than other countries. They look for the parents that best match the child's needs. If you are wanting young healthy children the wait is longer....waiting families are hearing it could be 22-24 months. Some families are coming up to the 3 year waiting mark....most families getting healthy toddler referrals at this time were registered in 2009. So, if any agencies tell you less than 18 months, don't believe them. However, if you are open to special needs kids, the wait isn't as long. I can say that there are some amazing special needs kids that have come home over the past few years.
Advertisements