Advertisements
Advertisements
Husband and I are just starting this process with only having gone to the orientation class last week. Wondering what MAPP stands for. Also saw the term PRIDE classes used.
Can someone enlighten me, please?
:thanks:
Here in Oregon the foster parent training classes are called Foundation Training. For us it was 4 weeks of 3 hour classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Advertisements
DLR64
Husband and I are just starting this process with only having gone to the orientation class last week. Wondering what MAPP stands for. Also saw the term PRIDE classes used.
Can someone enlighten me, please?
:thanks:
Hello, MAPP stands for Model Approach to Partnership Parenting.
Here in New York it is a 30 hour class. (10 weeks 3 hours per week).
Here, we take PRIDE (Parent Resource Information Development Education) classes to get licensed. It's 35 hours of training about discipline, attachment, behavior, effects of neglect/abuse, foster procedures/system, etc. Plus we have to take First Aid/CPR as well as psychotropic medication and universal precautions training.
We have to take 30 hours of annual training each year to stay licensed.
I see there are different names depending on your area. Thanks for all the help! :thanks:
Here in AL it is called GPS classes... not sure what it stands for as we just started ours last week... Im assuming the process with all of them are similar. Is that correct?
Advertisements
In Illinois it's 27 hours.
TRas
Here, we take PRIDE (Parent Resource Information Development Education) classes to get licensed. It's 35 hours of training about discipline, attachment, behavior, effects of neglect/abuse, foster procedures/system, etc. Plus we have to take First Aid/CPR as well as psychotropic medication and universal precautions training.
We have to take 30 hours of annual training each year to stay licensed.