Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
the child has been in care for a long time but its not the fault of the op she has stated that she came forth from the beginning and childrens services ahs delayed placement with her and most likely its because children services had already promised this child to the fosterparents for adoption which they do alot of time so they figured if they delayed placing this child with family family would just give up & go away and they could keep their promise to the fp..If i were the op i would continue to fight for placement of my family member and then offer the fp to be god parents i wouldnt remoe them from the childs life and no matter what we as fosterparents have to remember that these children have a family no matter what we are promised if a family member steps up we should respect that and do what we can to be civil to these people..I am currently in process of adopting my @ yr old foster daughter and her mom signed a voluntary surrender for me but not for her other 3 children all older all in care longer than my fd and they were in the same home 7 5 & 3 yrs with the same family and her reasoning is because when she got herself together and started working her plan and recieved visits the other fp were rude to her made complaints about her and even spoke bad about her to her eldest daughter so she decided they werent fit to adopt her children regardless of time the children were there and she did all she needed to do to have them returned to her but surrendered my fd to me. i see everyone saying the child is in a good home & bonded to the fp how do we know this? how do we know the child has a good bond with her fp? we dont length of time in a home doesnt necessarily mean everything is goin great and there is a good bond there to the op i say continue fighting you have done nothing wrong and it is within your rights as a family member to keep your cousin with family and raise her with her brother