Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I completely understand how u feel, i've had that kind of relationship w/my adoptive fam. I never felt like they wanted or cared about who i really am, they just wanted me to be who they wanted. My aparents refused to come to my WEDDING bc i wasn't doing what they wanted & getting married at a catholic church. I cut off contact bc it was just the absol. last straw. My afather got sick w/brain cancer & died and NOBODY TOLD ME! I heard recently that my amother moved really close to me but there's no way i'm contacting her.
Basically, i feel like my life really began once i got away from my adoptive fam. That was when i really felt free to be myself & not always fighting about who they want me to be. Once i got away i realized there's nothing wrong w/me, there was something really wrong w/them. I'm ok w/who I've become & who I am but i will never be a part of their lives again.
my advice to u is quit trying to please your afam, you'll never be what they want u to be and only be miserable. Do what makes u happy & your life will be so much better. Free yourself from them and free yourself:) good luck