Advertisements
Advertisements
hi im new to adoption and realy need help,my nephews girlfriend has a child in foster care that they are trying to get back and they have asked if i can adopt the child if they dont get them back,i have 4 birth children of my own,iam married,im 36 hes 40,the child is not my nephews child,the child will be 1 in jan,please if anyone could help me?:england:
i have no easy answers but I'd think you would have to call your local DSS/DYFS and explain the situation. You would probably be considered a kinship placement.
Advertisements
You can ask to be considered as kinship reference
I adopted my cousin's son's sister (same mom, no blood to me) as a kinship. Many extenuating circumstances, but thats the long and the short of it
if you are serious but adopting, you need to contact DSS asap. Then keep hounding them
thank you all for your help,as soon as they know if they will get them back or not i will know what to do,thank you:thanks:
Don't wait until they know if they will get them back or not. If you want to adopt them, contact DCFS asap. The social workers may be working on an adoption plan already (concurrent planning). If you wait, they may have already picked adoptive parents for the child.
they want me to wait and see what happens first as they think thers a good chance they will get them back and if they do not and ther is a adoption plan going though it will be bad for them but its up to them not me, i have always wanted to adopt as well as having birth children so i will upset if i cant adopt them,thank you for your help
Advertisements