Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi- this post is a tip. Sharing my details in event you are looking for answers to this challenge in the future.
I am recently matched through a CA facilitator and have a Texas lawyer, Texas SW and an now an agency in Ohio providing em and icpc support. So, even though I planned for an in state baby, and diligently used a SW who works with several agencies allowing me to minimize inital investments with agencies until it seemed I had a match, God laughed. Working across state lines has been easier than expected, on the front end at least.
But, we just dealt with a very last minute clarification on background clearance requirements. Even though I had FBI clearance, I needed State Clearance......fast!I needed it faster than the DPS website offered. It was days before I could get an appointment.
I learned the website is has incomplete instructions on the process. In Austin, you can go to the actual DPS office on Denson near Airport Blvd. I walked in today, paid, was fingerprinted and photographed. Monday, my report will be ready. ( 1 business day) They will also give the report to anyone who presents my receipt, giving me great peace of mind if baby comes this weekend. I can leave the receipt with a designate who can fax the clearance to Ohio agency in the event I have headed north.