Advertisements
Advertisements
I know that the adoptions back in the 1930s was closed but how can I find out who was my grandfather?
All involved have long passed away and Im in my 60s and found out that my grandparents was no kin
They either legally adopted my mother after she was born in 1929 possible date of adoption I found in a old Bible was June 19 1930
Before my mother died May 2002 she told my who her mother was but wasnt sure of father but she was given the name of the man her mother was married to but in divorce papers that man told the child his wife carried was not his. I have talked to both sides of the families one side says yes the other noway. My moms mother did remarry about three years after she gave my mother up, thought he may have been the man that fathered my mother. But in divorce set by my grandmother stated no children were involved that that marriage disolving.
All my life that woman my grandmother was part of my life but never once told me that she was my grandmother
Wasted years of not knowing the secrets. The only grandparents I ever knew whom I loved dearly was very special but why they didnt want me to know the truth
I will never know.
Question is can I have adoptions open since all have long passed away? Suggestions welcome.
Thank You:wings: