Advertisements
Advertisements
C started walking this week. He calls me "mamma" and asks for "nana" (banana). He just finished eating an almond-butter and matzah sandwich. Now he is climbing onto his ride-on car. What happened to my baby? Don't get me wrong - I love watching him grow and develop. But... he just turned 11 months, and I'm not sure I'm ready for this yet. Has anybody else felt this way? Excited, but maybe not so much at the same time?
I can't believe your baby is almost a year old all ready! My grandson is nearly 13 months now and it seems like he was born about a month ago. It is perfectly normal to feel like you do, wishing you could keep your child as a baby, but being excited about seeing him grow up, too. It just all happens so fast! My oldest son would have been 29 tomorrow. It had taken nine long years for us to finally become parents and it seemed that his infancy should have lasted at least a little longer because of that! One suggestion I have is to write in a journal the things that he does, how he says things, etc.. It may be difficult to imagine that you would ever forget the things he is doing now, and you won't forget it all, but kids do so many new things, as the years go by, that you do forget some of it.
Advertisements
I feel the same way. My daugther just turned 1 last week and I coudn't be more happier. She is getting much more smarter everyday as she get's to know a lot of stuffs like walking, climbing on our bed and asking for food. Time does fly so fast I can't imagine that our baby girl turns to a big girl. That's why my wife and I decided to cherish the days we spend to our little girl as it will be a grea t memory.
Our facebook accounts has a lot of images of our baby girl as we are proud parents. Not for bragging but our daughter is beautiful. Well, every child is beautiful. Anyway, here are some articles that is a good read.
[url=http://www.adoption.net/adoptive-parents/node/25516?vnc=FcaK9qJb26bviTdbqmrzp3swxZSgepgdtyc1RwNImow&vnp=2]More Than One Mother | Adoption.NET[/url]
[url=http://www.a2ndvoice.com/proud-parents-of-autistic-children/]Proud Parents of Autistic Children - A2ndVoice[/url]
[url=http://www.aaronmarquez.com/mothers_day]Proud of my son, Aaron, on Mother's Day - Aaron Marquez[/url]
I know how you feel. I have a 10 years old boy and he's already becoming independent. He doesn't want to play with us anymore. Enjoy these moments because when kids grow up it's hard to feel their love!
Congratulations! I know how you feel, and I am sure you are doing much better now - this is an old thread )))) How are you doing now?
Buttercup is now 1 (as of 3 weeks ago) and she still isnt walking or talking. I'm jealous!! ;-) She is working on walking but it just hasnt come yet. The talking, well she doesn't say boo-peep. :-( Doesnt even attempt to call us anything. She doesnt get PT and OT and has for a long while now so I know she will get it eventually.
As much I want her talking and walking I do not look forward to her maturing because we will no longer have a baby.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND BE BLESSED!
Advertisements
Especially as my sister's just had a newborn baby. I don't know if I'll have any more babies and although I celebrate her new milestones-I don't want her to grow ...
congratulation!
your little angle is very genius i guess.
will be a talent, best wishes for your baby.. :)