Advertisements
Advertisements
Ok after days of searching for local meetup type groups for foster parents in my area and coming up empty, I decided to post something here. I found this subforum b/c another member mentioned it...but this subforum is hard to find, lol.
Anyway I am on the west valley and if you like me, like to surround yourself with like-minded positive people who share the same passion, message me. I realize this forum moves slow, so I can picture getting a message 8 mo from now from a newb who's stumbled across this message, lol. Either way, I just wanted to put something out there. I know I can't be the only one yearning for fellowship with other Fp's.
PS, yes I checked with my agency and they have NO support groups, only trainings.
There is a west valley FP support group that was started by foster parents. I'll try to get you the information. You can still start our own too of course but while it grows you could attend this other one :-)
Advertisements
Hey guys. I ended up finding a nice support group and will send you guys the link via pm sometime this week:)
Advertisements
I would love to have the line to the foster care support group you found. I am also in the west valley and would love to connect to other foster parents!
Where are you located? My licensing agency, RISE, has a support group and it's awesome! They have different topics every time and free childcare.