Advertisements
Advertisements
I am beginning the process of adopting through foster care. I have a meeting with Colorado Family Services next week. Does anyone have experience with this private agency?
Any other recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Advertisements
They are actually a private agency that works with most counties in Colorado. I thought it may be better to work through them instead of limiting myself to a single county. But since I'm new at this, I'm not sure what the best approach is if my ultimate goal is adoption
Depending upon which county you in, a couple counties work together. Jefferson and Arapaho have the Collaborative program (I am in Jeffco), so placements can come from either. Also, in a pinch, Jeffco has been known to help out Gilpin county. There is no foster/adopt program, it is all foster, and you might find that kiddos might become available for adoption. However, the ultimate goal is always reunification.
We are in the final stages of getting ready to foster hoping to adopt. We interviewed 3 agency's, they were all wonderful and more then helpful but we Chose Childrens Resource Network based out of Co Springs simply because we felt really good about our Social worker, She felt like someone we could trust with such an important decision in our lives and so far she has been awesome.