Advertisements
Advertisements
I see there hasn't been activity in this section for years, but I'm hoping I can still get a response. A friend of ours who recently adopted (she lives in DC, baby born in MD) said that MD PAs don't have to pass a homestudy. Is this true? And if so, does this mean that there's a difference in the types of background checks that the agency runs as well?
I live in Maryland and was definitely required to have a home study. No matter what state you're in I don't think you can adopt without one.
Advertisements
Maryland is a very highly regulated state. There is no way that residents would be exempt from having a homestudy for domestic or international adoption. And the homestudy needs to be quite detailed, including, for example, an inspection by the fire marshal and, I believe, the Health Department. I lived in DC when I adopted, but I live in Maryland now; close friends who adopted at the same time had to jump through all the usual homestudy hoops.
Sharon
I think the information you share is very reasonable. At the very least, it was able to help me solve my problem. Thanks for sharing them, it helps me a lot.
Last update on June 6, 9:59 am by megera39.