Advertisements
Advertisements
I would be elated if my birth parents were looking for me. I have tried to find them for years I thought when I turned 18 they would look for me. I am now 35 & have yet be contacted.
Advertisements
Hi Ellimacsab, I don't have a lot of advice to give, but as a male adoptee, my suggestion for your evaluation, is to go to Facebook.
Many adoptees have re-united thru this social media.
Place whatever info you feel is important and wait to see what happens.
If he finds you and wants to meet, he can get to know you before F2F happens and when he wants the meeting will be his choice.
In talking with many forum posters here, adoptees in almost every scenario were interested in their b-moms feelings regarding them. The 2 most prominent questions were, "did you love me when you gave me up?" and "do you still love me now?"
Judging by the amount of grief and loss expressed by many b-moms, they loved the children they gave up.
I wish you the best.
Not sure if there are words to express my happiness I would feel if she was searching for me. I think I've always had that wish that she is. I know myself there's that piece of me that always seems to be an empty hole. I also think bc I did live with my mother until I was 3 and do have memories of her, I've always thought one day I'd see her again. I lived w aunts & uncles til I was adopted so I had a loving family. My adoption experience was horrible bc I never bonded or accepted my adoptive fam. I blame them tho bc they really went about it the wrong way. At 5yrs old my adoptive mom said we're ur fam now forget about everything u ever knew deal w it. But I never belonged. I wasn't like them. I always hoped my birth mom would come and rescue me and take me home. To my real home, my real family. Then I grew up & realized that was just a dream & it wasn't going to happen. Now I have a 2yr old son who's the light of my life and it pains me that he doesn't know my side of the family. I haven't spoken to my adoptive fam in 12yrs. They refused to come to my wedding bc I wouldn't get married in a Catholic Church & that was the last straw for me. They never accepted me for who I really am, just wanted me to be a copy of them. Perfect example of nature vs nurture. I am about to be 36 & still dream of reuniting w my mother. I wonder does she think of me, does she miss me, have I ever seen her & didn't know... I have so much love in my heart for her, I always will. I hope she is looking for me. I am looking for her.