Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Stipends
Thanks so much ladies!
I can totally understand why special needs children get a subsidy....Thats why I said HEALTHY children. And I also know that healthy looking children can be special needs...so I get that, I really do.
My son was born exposed and I believe he has some long lasting effects from that exposure. He looks perfectly healthy and really is...his is mainly behavior problems....Is he special needs? I don't know, but it never occurred to me to ask for a subsidy. And we aren't rich, by the way, but we do meet our children's needs. Of course our situation is different, as ours is a relative adoption.
I was mainly asking about healthy children. Some people go from Dr to Dr trying to get a dx on their STAC so they can get a subsidy. Or literally beg DCS for one. I personally know someone who said she could not, would not, adopt her fc child without one. DCS did not back down, but the family adopted the child anyway...they were just trying to strong arm DCS into one because they knew some children qualified. That, I just don't understand!