Advertisements
Advertisements
The forum have been kinda slow lately so just wondering if anything new or exciting is happening for other adoptive families. We are still waiting for second travel dates been home since end of April.
I hope you get your dates soon!! We are waiting for our first trip travel dates. We accepted our referral of a little girl at the end of July. Hoping we may be able to travel in the next couple of weeks.
Advertisements
Jen, it took forever for us to get first travel dates too! Accepted refers in January and didn't travel until april.
Poodle, I hope you hear something soon! I don't know why it seems to be taking so (extremely) long for you to get court and travel dates. How incredibly frustrating.
I think I told you either in another thread or privately, our process was so much more condensed than yours & there were only 2 weeks between our trips; maybe a few months between accepting our referral and first travel, although I think it was about two months or less. I'm amazed at the difference in the process for you & based on what I've seen others go through, I do wonder if all is well on the Polish end for your process. You haven't been to court yet, right -- not at all?
Zenoria,
No we havent been to court yet. And this process seems to be dragging for us. We are waiting for a judge to give us court dates. You would think that they would want children to be with their parent. It is very frustrating!! It is very hard when you have obligations with your job that you need to tell your supervisor if you can or can't do. Our employers are very understanding but it makes it hard for everyone when you live in limbo waiting to travel out of the country for 6 weeks.