Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Omg I'm sooo glad I'm not alone! FS10 started doing this a while ago and I only just figured this out when I almost threw up in his room. He swore he didn't know he was doing it to the Dr she said get a camera in case hes sleepwalking because safety issue (he was doing it a foot from his bed ew). Well didn't get camera yet and lo and behold new peed on carpet in hallway because the smell again and it wasn't in his room so I told him my friend is coming to visit and I don't think he wants to explain to him what the smell is and he better tell me because it will be worse if I find it. So he tells his 8yr old sister and she tells me. So it's bedtime at this point and I told him get the carpet and take it outside and hang on the porch, much to his dismay, and he incredulously says but its bedtime well maybe you shouldn't pee on my floors. My house was built in 1890 and the wood floors are original, his floor has been peed on in same spot since April maybe march so it's deep in the wood. I always wear shoes on feet so I never noticed the carpet was wet but the smell was awful. I had a friend doing work in my house and he couldn't figurebout the smell he chalked it up to the prior bat issue i had and I said that ain't bats if I didn't know better I'd say it was pee..and it was. I made hi clean it up and after school tomorrow before his baseball game he is going to scrub this carpet, I did the other this ones on him. Tpr is about to happen the kids have asked me to adopt them and he knows I won't throw him away so I'm not sure where this is coming from. They dont know about tpr they just know mom lied and did nothing and now no contact allowed. Calling pediatrician in morning, therapist is on it and I'm at a loss. Think I'm going to my friends coffee shop for caffeine and prayers and adult convos in the morning. Have y'all gotten the kiddos past This? His sister has been the issue and I'm wondering did I miss something? He was at sleep away camp and didn't do it so he can refrain.
One tired mama.
BTW I've been a mom 40yrs and fostering in different capacities since 2002 and this is a first for me. Raised 4 bio sons and never had pee on floor. Ugh
Good oggly moogly! Sending you a big hug! Your not alone.
I had a 4 and 5 year old that peed when angry or just because until they were 6 and 8! Here’s what worked.
1. “I PEED” - kid
“OK.” - me
Then I walk away and ignore it. Peeing is to make me upset because something has upset them. Me ignoring the announcement takes the fun out of it.
2. Pee cloths go in the trash at the end of the day before shower time. All of the pee cloths, even shoes if it’s peed in. Kids throw the cloths in the trash themselves. Momma doesn’t play in pee.
3. Pee cloths get replaced with ugly cheap cloths from yard sales or the thrift store. Ugly can mean just something they don’t like. One of my babies hates purple the other must have sparkles on everything. Pee cloths are not pretty. Clean nice cloths are pretty. They have to wait until they haven’t peed for a month to get any new pretty cloths.
4. Pee beds are cleaned by the kids. The new sheets are put on by the kids and pee sheet go in the washer. We ended up having to buy “ugly” sheets at one point when they both tag-team-peed us for a three week stretch! But after a month they got the pretty sheets back.
5. If you pee out of anger or just for fun you carry a diaper bag with an extra pair of cloths and a diaper. The Pee-body carries this bag around for a whole week!
The idea is to make the peeing bothersome for only them. It is an issue for them not you, so you have to pretend to not even notice the pee. When it get annoying for them and they get no reaction from you they stop. ... eventually.