Advertisements
Advertisements
HI
we have just found out that the hospital has logged me as being a victim of domestic violence four yrs ago.
This is not the case i visited the hosiptal after an accident at work and when asked how i got the bruise on my face i told the nurse that my husband slapped me.She then logged the visit as domestic violence and not accident.
When my husband slapped my face he was on a medication called zyban that alters your brain chemistry and can cause you to become aggressive.
My husband is a very loving and kind man who would never normally dream of raising a hand to anyone.
He is very ashamed of what happened and immediately stopped the meds.
I only had a slight bruise on my face and that was only because his ring caught me and i bruise easily.This was not domestic violence in the normal sense.
Could anyone tell me if they have any experience of any thing similar or if this is going to stop us from adopting.
We have now been waiting over a week for the agency to get back to us on if this has put a stop to our chances.We are a very loving family and this was one moment of miss judgement under the influence of pills.
Has this ruined our chances?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi.yes we did thank you and are now proud parents of a lovely little 3yr old.she is a rascal as they all are at that age but we'll worth it.
I would say to anyone going through the adoption process and having difficulty. Keep fighting because the end result is well worth it.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Mary, it’s so inspiring to read such motivating posts. I’m glad things worked out this way for you and yr family. How’s your daughter? I hope she is well and finally got the loving family. What country have you adopted from? I’m interested to know successful stories of completed adoption because I’m just beginning my adoption journey and don’t even know where to start from. My idea is to adopt a child from a poor country to give a chance for a normal life.