Advertisements
Advertisements
Baby was born to a prison mom, I picked him up at the hospital. Mom has been in prison the whole 13 mths that I have had him with a hand full of visits with his grandparent that couldn't take him. So county filed for PC and mom appealed that from Prison then gets out the next week (4yrs early) and he was 1 wk away from being 15 months. So at the appeal the judge gave her 2 hr visits at the cps until the final hearing which is only 3 visits. So do you think the judge will grand the cps PC or start reunification??? I'm driving my self crazy. I know at this point it is all up to the judge i think
That's a tough oneand sorry you're going through this. Does Bio Mom have any other children or any prior cases with CPS?
Advertisements
Yes she has 2 other kids that the grandparent took and no she doesnt have any problems with cps before this
UPDATE: The court continued the appeal (i guess) until April or June. The caseworker said that it doesn't mean reunification. ???? What do you all think? I think she is just telling me what I want to hear. :( I hope this doesn't mean that we wait until the next court date and then at that date get a 6 mth case plan that will make him 2yrs and that will be so ruff on all of us just rip the dang bandage all ready
so I guess the GAL needs to finally meet the Foster child and us and do his report. The CPS is still pushing for PC, they are still only giving 2 hrs visits in CPS office 1 day a week. So any guess on what the judge will do
Advertisements
Finally talked with my CW and I asked if appeal was during the steps to get PC or after PC was granted. She said county was granted PC then mom appealed that and then at the appeal hearing Judged took the PC away so county only has temp custody again she gave it a name but I cant remember what word she used. WHAT IN THE WORLD with all of that do you think we even have a shot of getting to adopt him? he was 15 mths when he had his 1st visit and I still have not heard from the GAL and court will be in May what a sad mess and they say they are going whats best for the child
safehaven
Finally talked with my CW and I asked if appeal was during the steps to get PC or after PC was granted. She said county was granted PC then mom appealed that and then at the appeal hearing Judged took the PC away so county only has temp custody again she gave it a name but I cant remember what word she used. WHAT IN THE WORLD with all of that do you think we even have a shot of getting to adopt him? he was 15 mths when he had his 1st visit and I still have not heard from the GAL and court will be in May what a sad mess and they say they are going whats best for the child
Safehaven, can you give an update? I'm curious as I'm in a similiar situation with my neice. CPS took her at birth while mom was in prison (she is still there 2 months later) and still has a pending trial. I'm SO nervous of that outcome!