Advertisements
Advertisements
Just curious, if you adopt a child from foster care, what are the costs involved. The SWAN website states "little to nothing".
No cost whatsoever.
The only money we paid out was a lawyer fee (I think in the range of $850), but the county DHS reimbursed us for that entire amount.
Advertisements
jmd5294
No cost whatsoever.
The only money we paid out was a lawyer fee (I think in the range of $850), but the county DHS reimbursed us for that entire amount.
So you paid it upfront and got reimbursed the entire amount?
Here all adoption costs are paid by the state. We have a vendor list of lawyers that we get to chose from. All the lawyers on the list have agreed to take the payment from the state and the state pays them directly. We can chose a different lawyer, but the state will only reimburse what they pay the vendor lawyers.
hisdaisy
Here all adoption costs are paid by the state. We have a vendor list of lawyers that we get to chose from. All the lawyers on the list have agreed to take the payment from the state and the state pays them directly. We can chose a different lawyer, but the state will only reimburse what they pay the vendor lawyers.
Do you live in PA? That's awesome. I have a message out to our agency's adoption caseworker to see how they do it. Thanks
I adopted through SWAN-- the only thing I had to pay for was the state police background check and the child abuse clearance. State paid for the rest
Advertisements
For those who went through SWAN, were you able to adopt, or are they always "foster to adopt"? I have heard both? Thanks!