Advertisements
Advertisements
We live in The Woodlands and want to adopt a newborn to 5 year old girl, Caucasian/Hispanic (we have two bio boys who are almost 6 & 10) . We were licensed with an agency downtown that mainly does foster placement. We have not had any placements. The agency says they mainly have been getting older children. I am wondering if we should keep waiting, switch agencies (if so which ones) or go directly through Montgomery County CPS. Any advice would be appreciated!
I would suggest looking into Arrow Ministries. For one thing they are considerably closer to you if you live in the Woodlands as they are in Spring right off of FM 2920. My wife and I are licensed with them.
That being said the same thing to be wary of with them is with any adoption agency involved with CPS. If you're willing to go the foster to adopt route you can get a placement pretty quickly. However, you have to understand and be very clear that CPS, as most veterans of the CPS placement system in Texas will tell you, they will straight up lie to you to your face about their intentions and whether they are going to back you when and if it comes to termination of rights and adoption of the child. Arrow Ministries is a good organization and actually requires you to get a letter from your pastor/priest/minister as they are Christian based. You just have to understand the "Foster-to-adopt" route is what it is. Any agency, because of the stuff CPS pulls, has little if any information when you go the foster-to adopt route.
Good luck.
Advertisements