Advertisements
Advertisements
I have medical information that would be important for my adopted brother to have. I am in need of information to find him please please help. I went to agency and they can not be sure he will get it and it could cost me money to do a search. I should not have to pay to be sure he has pertinent information. Again someone help me to make sure he gets this. I live in Minnesota I believe he does too. His birthdate is 5/5/65 born in St. Paul I have a birth name as well. Please I am asking for help we carry picks disease in our family and we also carry the hereditary form of down syndrome .
Reenie
Reenie,
First - I want to thank you for trying to provide hereditary health info to your sibling.
I just checked the Mn Statutes regarding this and they require the agency to do this and do state that they can charge a reasonable fee for this service.
[URL="https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=259.83"]https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=259.83[/URL]
Subd. 2.Health information.
When the agency receives information about a medical or genetic condition which has affected or may affect the physical or mental health of genetically related persons, the agency shall make a diligent effort to contact those persons in order to transmit the health information.
Subd. 5. Charges The commissioner, the commissioner's agents, and licensed child-placing agencies may require a reasonable expense reimbursement for providing services required in this section. Reimbursements received by the commissioner according to this subdivision shall be deposited in the general fund.
As to reasonable fee - it should be minimal - they know the names of the parents, they have a valid addresss even if that address is out of date. All it takes is to access one of the sites that provides info on a person with all last known addresses - I think they can do it for less than $20 to get current info including phone numbers. Then they call. The amount of time the employee would have to spend is minimal. I would spell it out for them how easy it is to find people within minutes. If they want to charge you hundreds of dollars then I would petition the courts under good cause (usually a one page form you fill out available at the court) to take it out of their hands and into the courts hands - or you could go the media route and shame the agency.
You should also post your search on the registry on this site (see tab reunite above) and with ISRR.net, and also see if MN state has an adoption registry.
Good luck and thank you again,
Dickons
Advertisements
Can someone tell me if there is a place you can go to find more information? There must be a place or another computer that will at least if you looked up a birthdate you would be able to find all the babies born that day isn't there? Someone please please help.