Advertisements
Advertisements
We have our first meeting with the lawyer in a couple of weeks to start the adoption paperwork. :dance: Hopefully Nugget will have our last name by the time he starts school. He turned five last week. And even though we told his "other mom" that we needed to cut contact for a few months, we invited her to the party. Places and expectations were reiterated and there were no hard feelings. It was a good time for all. Yay!
A little bummer to level things out, Frogger had his first visit at the rehab with birthmom. She is really pushing the idea of him moving in there with her. Thankfully CW is against the idea because it isn't permanent housing and the rehab work isn't a real job. Court is next week and I hope the judge sees that too. Considering the positions she put Frogger in when she was using, I'm hoping she will have to do much more to earn the court's trust.
Advertisements
Congrats on Turdnuggets (that name tickles me so :) impending foreverhood! I will hold good thoughts for little Frogger, he deserves better than that.
Yay for Nugget! Glad things are finally moving along. We are finalizing on our little guy next week, nearly 3 years after he first came into care, so I know what you're going through!
Bummer on Frogger. :( I've been wondering how his case has been going since you kinda dropped off the boards for awhile. Hope they will not send him to rehab with her, please update after court!
irq11
Yay for Nugget! Glad things are finally moving along. We are finalizing on our little guy next week, nearly 3 years after he first came into care, so I know what you're going through!
Bummer on Frogger. :( I've been wondering how his case has been going since you kinda dropped off the boards for awhile. Hope they will not send him to rehab with her, please update after court!
Yeah, Candy Crush was stealing my soul. :eyebrows: I highly doubt the judge would agree to move Frogger. It could easily be said BM is only clean to keep herself out of jail. She is a long way from showing she can provide and care for Frogger. But there are many factors involved and we know how that goes. I'll clarify more when I put in my prayer request for court next week.
Advertisements
Yay!!! Congrats!!!
It warms my heart to see posts like this one...where even in a long case the "powers that be" make the right decision for little ones. Very exciting news!
Do let us know how to pray for the Frogger situation. I hope you are right and they won't move him into rehab. I just think that is such a temporary and tenuous idea. Daisy's worked mentioned to me that we have facilities where you can rehab and have your child with you, but she said she would not recommend anything like that for Daisy's mom based on her history and doubts she could follow the rules anyway...but it is a scary thought.
Keep us updated! :) Now you have a fun party to plan!