Advertisements
Advertisements
Are physical abuse situations just different in terms of how CWs move toward RU? We have had a placement for 19+ months who came into care as a toddler from the hospital with broken bones and suspected physical abuse.
BM did parenting classes, but CW wasn't satisfied with her ability to verbally relate how she would parent differently after the classes. So now BM is having intensive in home services to work on parenting ability. The in home services worker says we need to move to unsupervised visits with frequent drop ins to get an idea if BM can apply what has been taught. However, at the same time she indicates it would be frequent drop ins or she isn't comfortable. The CWs and GAL are reluctant to move toward unsupervised at all. The CW says "I'm not recommending unsupervised, but I won't fight it so it doesn't look like I'm against mom."
My latest theory is this has to do with the injuries that led to coming into care. (There were also injuries prior to coming into care.)
So does it just go to a stand still because no one wants to be the one putting their neck out and then FS gets hurt? It's been 19 months. Either BM can parent or other arrangements need to be made. Court is next week. It may come down to what the judge thinks.
Good luck our situation was different, kids came into care due to neglect not physical abuse in March 2012, in October the judge gave her unsupervised overnights, In March 2013 judge was peeved at lack of progress and threatened adoption, in April 2013 physical abuse occurred with visible bruising across face and CW suspended all unsupervised visits. We go to court next month and find out what happens next. Needless to say I dont want them to go.
Advertisements