Advertisements
Advertisements
I am driving myself crazy here and am looking for opinions/speculation/btdt ... We have a newborn placement. Older sib is in a kinship home that was unwilling to take baby (too young for daycare,maybe?) Mom is on probation because of what happened to older sib - physical abuse of some kind. That arrest/ removal was over a year ago. I know that most of the time around here newborns are sent home with parents, even if other siblings are placed out of the home. When we picked up baby, sounds like mom has a r/u plan, at least for baby. No drugs involved.
Do the cases get joined? What is the timeline when it has already been this long for the older one? I know very little beyond this.
Play the guessing game with me... What will happen?
I'm guessing that they'll roll the cases together. My SW wants to get our FS's case wrapped up before the new sibling is born so that the cases don't get joined. Don't know what else might happen. The kinship home might still take the baby later, especially if the case goes to adoption. Or there might be someone else in line, perhaps on the dad's side.
Hang in there. Love on the baby. And try not to worry.
Advertisements
Here the cases would get rolled together and permanence for baby would be established by six months. Meaning both cases would move to permanence within six months. In my county they get pretty frustrated when one child is in care and the bio gets pregnant again.
I'm unclear on the reason for why they removed the baby. You said there were no drugs involved.
From what I understand, if a bio has an open CPS case on a child and has a baby, that baby can still go home with the bios.
What was the reason for removal?
BoysParent
I'm unclear on the reason for why they removed the baby. You said there were no drugs involved.
From what I understand, if a bio has an open CPS case on a child and has a baby, that baby can still go home with the bios.
What was the reason for removal?
Boysparent I am chiming in but it sounded like mom had physical abuse charges against the older child- so that is why I would imagine the automatic removal of the baby. Also here- if a case is going to TPR and the parents have had prior removals CPS steps in automatically if a new baby is born.
I can't speculate on the cases being combined- I know with Squeaks there was a paternal aunt who was in the process of adopting a paternal sibling and because Squeaks was her niece and there was an ongoing case- she showed at court to put on a good appearance but made it clear she could not accept placement of Squeaks. So if she had been willing- I think they would have rolled the cases into one even though the mom's were different- but because she could not take her and there was a different mom- the cases to this point have not been joined- at least to my knowledge.
I will say that in my county it seems that they really push for permanency the fastest when a newborn is involved. Squeaks worker told me since there had been little effort by mom to do anything they would push for a goal change at 6 months. If her GP's or no relatives stepped in it would have been non-relative adoption by us. As is it will be guardianship.
Enjoy that baby! New babies are so sweet. Don't worry about not getting attached- you will and there is no stopping it and that is a GOOD thing because new babies need that bonding so much! If she leaves you will be okay- I promise. I didn't think I would ever be okay after Squeaks but I am. Things will happen the way they are supposed to happen. Our hearts can take a lot more than we think...