Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello community,
Has anyone worked with the Jamaican CDA recently? I was approved by the CDA in September 2012 and have USCIS clearance.
I was also told in a cursory fashion via email by a clerk that I should not anticipate a match in short order.
Attempts to talk with adoption officers have yielded no movement in my process.
I would appreciate hearing about your experiences and your sharing your own best practices/successes.
Thanks in advance!
Lavern
:fish:
In 2012, only 43 children from Jamaica were adopted and immigrated to the U.S. by Americans, according to the U.S. State Department. And most of these children were probably adopted by relatives.
Jamaica is a small country, and it is likely that there are relatively few children available for adoption. If you have been to Jamaica and seen children in orphanages, you may conclude that a lot of children are available; however, in many countries, including Jamaica, families often use orphanages as foster care providers when they are experiencing difficulties that they think will be temporary, such as marital problems, job loss, or medical issues. The children are not legally relinquished or abandoned and cannot be adopted. Also, most countries try to place children domestically, before considering international placement.
All in all, I think you have been given good advice. Adoption and immigration are never quick processes. Even in the "quickest" countries, most families wait at least 18 months from dossier submission to homecoming with a child. In some countries, the adoption process can be much longer.
Sharon
Advertisements