Advertisements
Advertisements
I have had contact with my birth mother through a contact at Children's Aid and Family Services in New Jersey, and I have a lot of information. I am currently trying to find her own my own, and I would like to find my siblings.
I was born March 10, 1972 at 5:41 am in Overlook Hospital in Summit New Jersey. I was immediately placed for adoption in a Children's Aid and Adoption Society foster home. Final papers were signed by my birth mother on April 20, 1972 and I was adopted on April 21, 1972.
My birth mothers name is Frances. She was born sometime in 1952. At the time of my adoption she was 20 yrs old, 5' 2", 105 lbs, dark brown hair with reddish highlights, brown eyes, medium complexion. She is Italian, and was a Roman Catholic. She did clerical and bookkeeping work, and was employed as a salesgirl at a car rental agency in Newark Airport. Her father, (5' 5", medium build, brown hair & eyes, dark complexion) owned a construction company, specializing in swimming pools. Her mother, (5' 1", slim build, red hair, brown eyes, fair complexion with freckles) once worked as a nurses aid, and had a history of seizures. Frances was the oldest of 4 daughters. She would be about 61, her sisters would be about 55, 53, & 45.
My birth fathers name is Bob (Robert). (This information was provided by Francis) He was born sometime in 1949. At the time of my birth he was 5' 6", with a large frame, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a dark complexion. He is Italian, and was a Roman Catholic. He quit high school and joined the service, but was discharged. He worked in construction sporadically, and for Frances' fathers contruction company. He had a history of drug use, with a drug possession conviction. His father (5' 4", medium build, brown hair & eyes, dark complexion) He was a plumbing contractor. He had an injury to his eye in March, 1972, and possibly lost vision in that eye. His mother (5' 4", overweight, light brown hair & blue eyes, fair complexion) She did clerical work. Bob was the oldest of 4 children. He would be about 64. His siblings are a brother, aged about 59, & twin brother and sister, aged about 58.
In 2002, I contacted Children's Aid and Family Services, 185 Ridgedale Ave, Cedar Knolls, NJ., and I receiveda family history from them. At my request, in 2005-2006, they contacted my birth mother, and she responded saying she did not want to meet. At that time she was around 53-54, 5' 2", 149 lbs, brown hair and eyes, medium complexion, been married for about 30 years, and had 2 other children, four years apart, ages unknown. She was still living in New Jersey and had not had any contact with my birth father since shortly after my adoption. There is a history of diabetes & high blood pressure and her mother had a heart attack, unknown if she survived or not.
Wow, that is a lot of information. And yet, not enough... I understand why you'd want to know more, to actually speak with her yourself, and find your siblings as well.
It's frustrating that the move to open up closed adoption records here in NJ was shot down by Gov Christie.
I'm not sure what to suggest at this point. Without a last name, I wouldn't know where to begin searching. There may be a search angel here who'd have some ideas and be willing to help...
I wish you luck!
Advertisements