Advertisements
Advertisements
Were looking to adopt a child of school age 5 and up. We don't have funds to travel over seas. My wife is tired of waiting for a so called suitable match. She said we should try to find a child that is being disrupted. If any one can help or knows of one PM. us . Thank you have a blessed day
Milo,
Are you and your wife homestudy ready? If so, did an agency conduct your homestudy or a private entity licensed to do so?
Have you already been offered situations and have found they aren't what you're looking for?
I ask because there are times I'm contacted about disrupted adoptions; but each time all new adopting parents are homestudy ready and able to finance the adoption through an approved attorney. If this is the case, please pm me.
Sincerely,
Linny
Advertisements
Please be aware that while you can ask for help on how to locate a child or what the process is, you cannot make a match here.
No responses can involve matching of any kind or specific "available situations".
I am new at this. How can I contact Linny about finding a placement from disruption? We are very experienced in special needs of most kinds. We yearn to have another child. Thanks.
Momz7
I am new at this. How can I contact Linny about finding a placement from disruption? We are very experienced in special needs of most kinds. We yearn to have another child. Thanks.
If you click on her name it will take you to her profile and there will be an option to send a private message.
Milo14 - I am not sure if you and Momz7 are together - or just both seeking disrupted adoptions........
However, you should be able to find kids 5+ that are even legally free if you search the "heart galleries" for your state. Or go to uskidsadopt.org. You can find photolistings and information on where to send your home study.
Good luck!
Milo14
. She said we should try to find a child that is being disrupted.
Are you talking about disrupted adoption? If so I would check out everything about the child. There could be many things mentally wrong with them. They could be very damage and need a lot of therapy and attention. Yes all foster kids have issues, but some have issues way beyond what a normal person could handle. I'm not saying don't adopt a child that had a disrupted adoption. Just do your home work and make sure the child's a match and not to much for you to handle.
Advertisements
"My wife is tired of waiting for a so called suitable match. She said we should try to find a child that is being disrupted. . . If anyone knows of one ..."
Sorry, but from your post it sort of reads as if you are in a hurry to get a child, any child, and think it will be quicker and easier to pick up someone else's discard rather than go through the system.
Any child would need to be a "suitable match" for your family. The reason CPS and agencies take their time finding a "suitable match" (and I understand CPS can be unfathomable and difficult) is that it is important to find a family that can meet the needs of an individual child --when you ask if anyone knows of a disruption, have you thought, as others have intimated, about why there is a disruption? What issues the child has? What needs the child has? The race of the child and how that would impact an adoption for the child and your family? The situation re the birth parents, or extended birth family? Most "disruptions' appear to be because of severe behavioral problems and/or children from another culture unable or unwilling to become part of a new, unrelated family. Have you looked into education on those issues?
While some children of "disruption" are passed from family to family with little legal oversight (subject of many exposes), when disruptions are handled legally and ethically, the children whose APs terminate their rights become protected by legal guardianship of a recognized entity, and PAPs have to jump through the same hurdles as if the TRP was from a family of origin.
I strongly advise against using a personal connection to find "one" just because you are tired of waiting. It's not fair to you or the child.