Advertisements
Advertisements
We are about to go to orientation with follow up PATH classes this weekend. When I signed up for the classes it said to come prepared with 5 references (1 of which is to be a family member) when we come. I am wanting info. from others who have done this in Tn. about whether that is 5 references total or 5 from each of us (myself, husband, and over 18 son) which would include a total of 3 family members.
I was also wondering if it matters that almost every one of the references would be out of area and out of state? I just moved from NC in January and am the only one in my house that is not working, so I have all people living all over (most are army wives so I do mean all over) the country. My husband and son can come up with 1 or 2 each locally, but those are all short relationships and are not people who know anything about us over the years as we raised our sons. I am not even sure if we are supposed to look for references about our past or references that show we would have support in doing the fostering. Yes, I am probably over thinking this, so I would love to have input so I settle the brain down a bit.
Thanks!
Hi! I am also in TN and just moved here almost 2 years ago. We had to have 6 references (3 friends and 3 family) as a couple not each. Where are you in process now? We completed our homestudy July 30th and have been waiting for approval since then.
Best of luck to you!
Jen
Advertisements