Advertisements
Advertisements
All my life my mother has condsidered me a curse instead of a blessing. I wasn't wanted and wished she would have either aborted me or given me up for adoption. In her day (the 60's) if a girl turned up pregnant they either had to go away to some facility, give birth, relinquish, and go back home-never to see her child again. My mother felt trapped into marrying my father and I became and still am "The problem", as my family calls me.
My mother had many boyfriends and six husbands as I grew up and believe me she let I and my sister go through hell at the hands of at least one of these men. And there were drugs, abuse of all kind going on. I wish I had parents who loved me enough to be jealous if my bmother came barging in trying to get me back. I just want to be wanted, to be cherished, loved-but I never was. Instead I was blamed every time one of her relationships didn't work out. I ruined her life.
BM Texas
BMTexas
I just want to be wanted, to be cherished, loved-but I never was.
That's all I wanted, too -- and I WAS adopted.
I'm truly sorry you experienced all that, but adoption wouldn't necessarily have given you a better life. It certainly didn't for ME.
/
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
I'm so sorry for the treatment you got from both your mother and her husbands. No one deserves that, adopted or not.
Adoption can certainly seem like a fairytale to those who dislike their families. At the same time, I have to agree with AbusedAdoptee. I was adopted as well and I was never wanted and cherished. I became the families "problem child" and I know plenty of other adoptees who became the family scapegoat for every single problem.
Adoption does not guarantee love and affection and a better life, simply a different life and one often trades one problem for another. :)
My advice: You'd be stunned to know the statistics of adoptions and how things really play out. A large percentage of adoptees have serious depression and other psychological issues. Substance abuse and running away from home is also common. Being placed in abusive homes is common. I was placed with abusive parents and am almost 40 and I truly believe I would have fared better had I been left in state custody.
All my life my mother has condsidered me a curse instead of a blessing. I wasn't wanted and wished she would have either aborted me or given me up for adoption. In her day (the 60's) if a girl turned up pregnant they either had to go away to some facility, give birth, relinquish, and go back home-never to see her child again. My mother felt trapped into marrying my father and I became and still am "The problem", as my family calls me.
My mother had many boyfriends and six husbands as I grew up and believe me she let I and my sister go through hell at the hands of at least one of these men. And there were drugs, abuse of all kind going on. I wish I had parents who loved me enough to be jealous if my bmother came barging in trying to get me back. I just want to be wanted, to be cherished, loved-but I never was. Instead I was blamed every time one of her relationships didn't work out. I ruined her life.
BM Texas