Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! My wife and I are beginning the process to qualify for adoption in the Harrisburg area. We are looking to go through foster-to-adopt or direct adopt from the foster care system. While we hope to have opportunity for very young (or infant) children, we know that may or may not be likely through foster system.
Right now we are meeting with Common Sense Adoption Services in Camp Hill, Diakon Lutheran Services in Mechanicsburg, and possibly Jewish Services in Harrisburg (adoptionlinkPA).
I would like to ask forum members for their experiences with and feedback on these or other local area agencies, including your experience with them in general age and challenges with referrals based on your particular goals in age/gender/special needs. If you are a LBGT couple, please let me know if you had any concerns from that perspective too.
Please send the info only via private message, per forum policy. I really appreciate any insight forum members may be able to offer as we try to select an agency for our journey!
thanks so much!
Loginasme