Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone.
Me and my husband are meeting an agency tomorrow, but even if we are really interested in using them if we decide for the domestic adoption, we would like to use another one if we decide for the international one.
I read here that for adopting from Ethiopia (the country we would eventually like to adopt from) it's better to choose a non-profit agency directly accredited by Ethiopia, and we don't have any close to us. We are thinking about using an agency in Portland, but it's pretty far 'cause we live in Texas, so I was wondering if it's necessary or at least really recommended to visit the agency in person.
Thank you!
We went to our primary agency's closest location twice, for an info session and then orientation. We stopped in to other offices two or three times when we happened to be nearby, to meet staff we'd been working with in person, but that was long after we signed up.
With our home study agency, we've never seen their offices in person and we're about to finalize our son's adoption.
Advertisements
Have done two domestic adoptions in the last 4 years with same agency and have never met any of the people who run it in person
I recently wrote a very comprehensive "how to" book "Adopting Domestically Within One Year" of how we networked to adopt our son, and connected w/ 6 infants in 14 months! See [url=http://www.safedomesticadoption.weebly.com]Domestic Adoption: Safely & Quickly - About[/url] - I provided a lengthy excerpt from the book. It has been a labor of love to write, and took many hours spent at conferences, talking to adop. professionals (doctors, attorneys, agencies...) to research. I hope the book helps many hoping to adopt. If you are located in Upstate NY, I also periodically offer 4 hr workshops. I love to talk about adoption, so feel free to connect with me. Joan Hebert
I absolutely would, as there are many scams. I wrote a book on how we adopted privately.
I recently wrote a very comprehensive "how to" book "Adopting Domestically Within One Year" of how we networked to adopt our son, and connected w/ 6 infants in 14 months! See [url=http://www.safedomesticadoption.weebly.com]Domestic Adoption: Safely & Quickly - About[/url] - I provided a lengthy excerpt from the book. It has been a labor of love to write, and took many hours spent at conferences, talking to adop. professionals (doctors, attorneys, agencies...) to research. I hope the book helps many hoping to adopt. If you are located in Upstate NY, I also periodically offer 4 hr workshops. I love to talk about adoption, so feel free to connect with me. Joan Hebert