Advertisements
Advertisements
I feel very troubled after a trigger lately.
When I was seventeen I gave birth to a girl my parents placed for adoption. I had been date raped after drinking and doing drugs so my parents did not want to raise the child. A decision they really regretted later on.
Giving the baby up was such a trauma for me that I went on doing drugs and ran away. I came back and finished my studies, then went on to University. I married and divorced and never healed from the experience.
Its been more than 30 years. I stopped all drugs and drinking and became well known in my chosen career but could not face to have another baby. I regret that now, because at forty, I became a foster mother of a baby cousin. I have raised her since she was a toddler and I can truly say that motherhood made me find myself again, so here I am trying to put some pieces of me together.
I have written my daughter letters, but she will not see me. She does not reply to my letters. We live in the same town now since I moved back ten years ago. I donԴt know what to do, but Im told the woman who adopted her is holding her back and made her promise never to contact me while she lives.
I really donԴt know what to do. I feel Ive missed out so much, never having a good relationship with a man and could never see my child. ItԴs my foster daughter who is everything to me, but she will soon leave home.
Im in counseling and it has really helped, but this wound seems so deep I donԴt know how to heal.
Thanks for reading.
Jade31
I have written my daughter letters, but she will not see me. She does not reply to my letters. We live in the same town now since I moved back ten years ago. I dont know what to do, but IԴm told the woman who adopted her is holding her back and made her promise never to contact me while she lives.
If that's the case she wouldn't give her daughter the letter. Also, since her daughter is a grown up she's choosing not to see you. I'm sure if your daughter wanted to see you, her mom couldn't stop it. Maybe's she just not ready yet. Good luck on your foster daughter.
Advertisements
Jade31
I feel very troubled after a trigger lately.
When I was seventeen I gave birth to a girl my parents placed for adoption. I had been date raped after drinking and doing drugs so my parents did not want to raise the child. A decision they really regretted later on.
Giving the baby up was such a trauma for me that I went on doing drugs and ran away. I came back and finished my studies, then went on to University. I married and divorced and never healed from the experience.
Its been more than 30 years. I stopped all drugs and drinking and became well known in my chosen career but could not face to have another baby. I regret that now, because at forty, I became a foster mother of a baby cousin. I have raised her since she was a toddler and I can truly say that motherhood made me find myself again, so here I am trying to put some pieces of me together.
I have written my daughter letters, but she will not see me. She does not reply to my letters. We live in the same town now since I moved back ten years ago. I donԴt know what to do, but Im told the woman who adopted her is holding her back and made her promise never to contact me while she lives.
I really donԴt know what to do. I feel Ive missed out so much, never having a good relationship with a man and could never see my child. ItԴs my foster daughter who is everything to me, but she will soon leave home.
Im in counseling and it has really helped, but this wound seems so deep I donԴt know how to heal.
Thanks for reading.
You have been through so much trauma that it makes sense that you feel troubled and triggered. You did a wonderful thing in placing your daughter for adoption-- wonderful, selfless and brave. Don't ever think otherwise. It must be difficult to reach out to her and not have her respond. She's probably working through her issues, as well. And it's good to let her do that. My advice would be to continue to show her your unconditional love, and know that you did the right thing all those years ago. And keep going to counseling to take care of you! Because you are important. The wounds are deep, but I trust that God can heal them. Best of luck to you.
I believe that god can heal your pain.
If your daughter wants to meet you,nobody can stop her from you including her mother. Best of luck!
Welcome Jade31. My heart hurts for you. I am a big advocate of counseling- keep that up! I would also recommend attending a convention. One of my good friends is a birthmom/firstmom and she has found that being among others in the similar situation, grieving with the same kind of things, has really helped her. Private message me if you want more details and I will put you in touch with her (she would know the dates of upcoming events). She also works here at Adoption.com.
-Spud :Chewie:
mgrant
You have been through so much trauma that it makes sense that you feel troubled and triggered. You did a wonderful thing in placing your daughter for adoption-- wonderful, selfless and brave. Don't ever think otherwise. It must be difficult to reach out to her and not have her respond. She's probably working through her issues, as well. And it's good to let her do that. My advice would be to continue to show her your unconditional love, and know that you did the right thing all those years ago. And keep going to counseling to take care of you! Because you are important. The wounds are deep, but I trust that God can heal them. Best of luck to you.
MGrant, please not that SHE did not choose adoption; her parents did. I do agree that continuing to love her regardless of her response is the way to go. When I found my bson it was what I call the "right" time and it worked for both of us. Jade31, don't give up hope, the time may come. I will say, as someone who has now been in reunion for 10 years, that reunion, even a very positive one as mine is, does not remove the past and triggers remain. Continue working with the counselor and focus on living each day as fully as you can.
Advertisements