Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all! So I have been researching adoption for a while now (two years), but I feel like I have finally started my adoption journey officially. A little background about me: I am a single woman, 26 years old, living in Hawaii.
So, after much research, I decided that I wanted to adopt out of Bulgaria, but now the question I am faced with is whether I want to adopt a toddler or an infant. I know that I will not be able to bring home child under 18 months if I go the Bulgaria route. (Just as an aside, domestic adoption is out for a number of reasons. Not that I feel there is anything wrong with me or with domestic adoption; I just know that is not the right choice for me. Another aside: the wait time in Bulgaria is not an issue for me. If I have to wait three-four years for a referral, I will be thirty. Bringing home child when I am thirty will not upset me in the least). Basically, can anyone shed some light for me on their own preference for either toddler or infant adoption? I am currently reading "The Weaver's Craft" and I have purchased "What Shoe Size Does She Wear?" (both toddler adoption books), but I would still love to hear from real people who have gone through this.
My next question is about choosing an agency. There are so many options! I know we can't write about it here, but if anyone can PM me about their own agency choices and experiences? Why did you choose that agency, why did you decide not to go with another, horror stories you may have heard from other PAPs, etc.
Thanks in advance!