Advertisements
Advertisements
If you do a lot of genealogical research, you've probably read a few obits. The obits from the 1800's generally had some character strength everyone would agree the person had and was known for, his reputation if you will, even if it was just X was known for his good character...
So, if you could only chose one strength, character trait, something you've done - to be remembered for - what would it be???
Last update on June 1, 2:35 pm by Dickons.
How do I choose just one? haha
Seriously, it would be my work in the field of domestic violence and sexual advocacy and prevention. This stuff isn't just a job or a career for me, it is a way of life.
What about you Dickons?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Belle,
I don't know what I want to be remembered for...
Perhaps for trying my best in whatever endeavor I took on. Perhaps for being a good person. I look around at all the amazing people I know, and people who made history, and I guess I kind of feel like I am left wanting...I've made mistakes, I'm sure I've hurt people, I'm sure I could have, or should have done better in many things...
At the end of the day, being a good person, commitment to continually caring about the animals, the earth, and leaving the world just a little bit better would be enough...
L4R - you are already known by me for that....you to Belle....
Kind regards,
Dickons
Honestly, I'd like to just be forgotten. I have an IMDB.com page which will be there as long as the site is in operation, but the listing is under my stage name, not my real name, so if you don't know who I am ..... you won't know who I am. ;)
Other than that, I want to simply fade away and disappear.
Advertisements
What a great question Dickons. I've seen it floating around thought I'd answer. I also wanted to say hi to y'all. It's been different around the forums. Makes me sad but don't worry... I'm working on it! :)
I agree that you all will be known for the fine qualities mentioned. I see a common thread with caring for people and animals and the earth. I know you all have already left the world better than you found it.
My aim is not too different. I want the people in my life will know I loved them. I want them to feel like I showed love every opportunity I could. I know theres been many moments I've failed at this and will continue to at times, but I try to say sorry real quick and follow it up with love.
So with that...sending friendship love to you all today! Hope you're having a great day.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I hope many of my loved ones know, and say;
She believed in me.
Dickons, Diplomat Dickons, I think of you now as a trailblazer, a bridge builder, a moat crosser and a peacemaker
I admire and appreciate how you help others find the courage to open their eyes and hearts and make good and better sense of things.
Especially when it's for their kids.
I believe there are many young adopted ones, and their families, that have benefitted greatly from your time spent with their parents.
If you do a lot of genealogical research, you've probably read a few obits. The obits from the 1800's generally had some character strength everyone would agree the person had and was known for, his reputation if you will, even if it was just X was known for his good character...
So, if you could only chose one strength, character trait, something you've done - to be remembered for - what would it be???
Since I wrote my own already LOL I know it will say something like this, like in many, many of my grandparents obits;
"Nancy died in 1848 and was buried, by her own request, in the orchard of her home farm."
It better say that or I am coming back to haunt all :)
And I hope mine says year 2148 ! and also "died and buried with her boots on!"
This is a very interesting question.
But today I don't know the answer.
If you had ask me that 10 years ago, I'd give you an answer, 5 years ago, another answer but all very clear.
Nowadays I just don't know. But it doesn't need to be a bad thing.
I'm trying to make the best while I'm around, so when I'm gone I won't be here to check out anyway :D
ehehehehehh
Work, I would like to leave some pertinent mark in the world where I could mix arts and social education.
Family, possibly a good a caring father :)
Advertisements