Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone experienced a situation where a lot of kin have come forward for placement?
Did they give preference to certain kin based on relationship? (for example prefer to place with grandmother vs distant relative)
Our situation is that my 2yr old niece was taken into protective custody last year and placed with us.
She was returned to her parents 6 months ago, but now she has been taken back in to protective custody. :(
When she was taken into protective custody this time she was placed with a foster family that has previously adopted a half sibling of hers. (Mom has an extensive history with DCFS)
I have not been given a good answer as to why she was not placed with us again.
We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss kinship placements, family of both parents have come forward as possible placements.
I think we would still be considered the most suitable placement out of the family, but I am nervous that the state does not want to move her from the foster family.
The caseworker keeps mentioning that the foster family are also legally considered relatives because they have adopted a sibling.
Anyone BTDT?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements