Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Stephanie
Has anyone done this, or in the process?? My sister is due Nov 2. I'm in the process of talking to an atty but would like to talk with someone who's done this also.
Thanks!
Originally Posted By stephanie also
I adopted two pf my sisters babies. Her children were taken by CPS. It has changed alot of our realtioships. The girls are confused alot. Is your sister willing? If she is then u guys should have a heart to heart about this. Its so complictaed for the kids. The other relatives will add turmiol. If you can come up with a childs story adtoio story thats helpful. You and your sister sit down and write down the story of his or her birth and adoption. Along the lines of this. You grew in ----------tummy. She loved you so much but she couldnt take care of you and wanted yoou to be and os on and os fourth so its a postive happy story and doesnt make any one look bad and gives the child a sense of peace. The big thing for us was that my sister wouldnt do what cps wanted and she said she didnt want the kids back but now she makes the situation seem like she was such a victem and usch that her attitude probably is felt by the girls. The big thing also for the kids is the dad issue. My siter didt pick out the best dads and so now they have no contact with them even if she knows who they are. I have no information realy to give them or picture. Let me know
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Stephanie
My sister is very willing...the baby isn't born yet.
We have had some long talks. She's very happy about this, because she'll have a place in the child's life. She knows that she can't provide for this child...she's in college @ the moment. If she would back out...the baby will be in my life regardless.
I understand some of your concerns, however this situation is a little different than yours. I don't believe he'll (we know its a boy) be confused about the situation...I plan to be very open about it. I hope, in time, that your situation gets better. It sounds very sad. You sound like a very loving person, to be willing to care for her kids.
Originally Posted By vicki
We live in Florida and I know when you are adopting a relatives baby or child you do not have to go through a home study. It sounds like your sister and you will provide the best of both worlds for the baby. Congrats to you.
Originally Posted By Carol
Hi Stephanie, I am in the process of adopting my daughters baby(not due until May). She too is in college and wants to remain a part of his/her life but not ready to raise a child. I am remarried and my husband and I are very excited about a baby to raise as ours, we are both only 40 but unable to have children together and this is a blessing to us. Please keep me informed on how your adoption goes. And please let me know of any problems I should watch for etc.
Originally Posted By Moriah
Stephanie, I am a 28 year old single Mom. I adopted my sisters daughter 16 months ago, she was almost 3 at the time. My situation is a bit different than yours, as you will be able to parent from the beginning. (That is so great!) I love being a Mom though, saying yes to Glo was the best thing I have ever done. In fact I am in the process of adopting again. Just waiting for the call! And I am going to try to breastfeed too! I am so excited. Little off track there...Anyway, if you have specific questions about kinship adoptions, feel free to email me at moriahmoxmox@yahoo.com
Best of luck and congratulations!
Moriah
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Jody
Vicki,
Does that apply to cousins children we talked to a lawyer and he mentioned something of third degree by realtion. Do you know any of this.
Jody
Originally Posted By melissa
here's one for all of you, because I don't know were to start and maybe someone can give me advise. this may be a touchy subject for some but im going to ask anyway. I want to adopt my girlfriend's sister's baby she is due in Oct. She is going to put him/her up for adoption if I can or can't adopt because she can not take of this child. What is the prosess and where do I start?
Originally Posted By melissa
here's one for all of you, because I don't know were to start and maybe someone can give me advise. this may be a touchy subject for some but im going to ask anyway. I want to adopt my girlfriend's sister's baby she is due in Oct. She is going to put him/her up for adoption if I can or can't adopt because she can not take care of this child. What is the prosess and where do I start?
Originally Posted By Lisa
Hi, my sister is haveing a baby in december that we are adopting and I also would like to talk with someone who is going through the same process as me because this is my first time. I would like to know everything that is happeneing and gonna happen. What are the laws? My email is rican_babe54656@yahoo.com
Advertisements
Originally Posted By R
Carol, You are in a way stealing your grandchild as you are still a grandmother of it no matter what.It is just a piece of paper that has your name on it as mother. The child would be better of adopted by a younger couple whos intentions are not because they are too old and can't just because of remarraige!
I think as long as your sister realizes what she is doing and will not regret it one day then it is a good idea. I adopted my older sisters baby at 16 months. I had been raising her since she was 7 months. I think it was a good decision my sister made. I still allow my neice to see her biological parents. I know my sister and her b/f love their daughter they just made bad mistakes and now they are paying for it.
You have to check your state laws on relative adoption. I'm in IL. We adopted our son from my sister, who also lives in IL. We didn't need a homestudy. Just a lawyer to draw up the papers. The birthfather signed a "denial of paternity" before the baby was born. My sister signed over rights after 3 days. The adoption was finalized when our son was only 10 days old. Relative adoption is very uncomplicated in IL, but I know some other states go through the homestudy/home visit stuff just like any other adoption. Good luck to you!